Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

not running right

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by hpuall, Sep 21, 2005.

1. hpuall

hpuall Newbie

ok heres the problem '78 350 3spd manual just out of the blue one day she started missing and missing bad. Engine runs fine at idle and revs up like normal in nuetral but once she gets going first gear is fine but in second and third unless u really, really ease into the throttle she starts to miss. Acts like it gets worse the warmer the engine gets too. First thought i might have been a bad tank of gas with water in it or fuel filter prob but both those theories turned up negative. Best geuss now is a distributer prob but not sure wondering if u guys had any advice, thanks for the help

2. hunterguy86

hunterguy86 1/2 ton status

cracked dizzy cap? I had that problem on my old truck and thats what it was. I'm sure the experts will chime in here soon.
    timing good and all that? wires and plugs good? fuel filter?
    just some things to check

3. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

Might have fouled some plugs... not much to say here except the usuall ignition checklist.

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Not sure why if it were ignition it wouldn't runbad under load OR in neutral.

Not something basic like timing or choke is it?

5. mudtrux

mudtrux Newbie

Deffinatly would think ign. 1st. Inital thought is plug wires. Also may hava bad rotor and or cap. plugs wouldnt hurt eather if there old or been droped on the concrete (yes I've done it) Good luck