Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Not so comman tires.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Z3PR, Aug 1, 2003.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Yes, tires have been cover 3 ways from sunday, but I don't remember seeing anything on off brands. Everyone knows about Swampers, and BFG's and G/Y MT's. Lets hear from all y'all running something different. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i have 4 wheel rvt's ,on-off road.14-361/2 15's.i've used these 38 1/2,and 40's on different trucks since 1986 and they last forever, they are bias ply but ride pretty good. they work great in mud ,snow,etc. they look sorta like ground hogs but they have two ribs down the center. and they are cheap as hell, but like i said they last,at least 40,000 miles /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

3. Tuff

Tuff Registered Member

I'm running the Parnelli Jones radial. 36x14.50 probably not as big as most of you want, But I like the radial and it works well for me on the trail. Kind of pricey though. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. boggerless

oh yea i got pulled over tonight on the way home from work ,the cop said the boggers on my DD were not street legal. i said B.S. they're DOT approved, so he said i needed mud flaps. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

5. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

on my luv im running Eldorado ZR4s. They are a great tire, i have 12,000miles on em whith no visable wear. They have great wet traction, and good ice traction (the come whith some perty good sciping). And they fling mud well too.

6. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'm ordering some Michelin XML's here shortly...

7. Lotsa_Faith

Lotsa_Faith 1/2 ton status

hey boggerless where would you go about getting those tires? I've never even heard of them, and for a high school student, cheap=GOOD...

8. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    i have 4 wheel rvt's ,on-off road.14-361/2 15's.i've used these 38 1/2,and 40's on different trucks since 1986 and they last forever, they are bias ply but ride pretty good. they work great in mud ,snow,etc. they look sorta like ground hogs but they have two ribs down the center. and they are cheap as hell, but like i said they last,at least 40,000 miles /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

got any pics of them?

9. boggerless

a place on 8 mile called tire wholesale. i'll get back to you in a minute .it's starting to lightning. talk to you in a sec, /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

10. 82K5_6.5L

82K5_6.5L 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    oh yea i got pulled over tonight on the way home from work ,the cop said the boggers on my DD were not street legal. i said B.S. they're DOT approved, so he said i needed mud flaps. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    were u in ur blazer when u got pulled over?
    cuz i was told that the blazer is considered an SUV and those dont need mud flaps... hmmm.. well thats what my insurance says /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

11. boggerless

no ,i wasn't in my blazer, i was in my f-350 super duty. they were two new guy's, about 5ft6in each. one was trying to look in my passanger window but couldn't.they can write me a ticket every day ,i'm NOT putting mud flaps on it. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

12. boggerless

all right i'm back,had a bad storm come through.i'll go there monday and get all the info i can on those tires so maybe someone close to you may have them.no kidding though they really do last a long ass time, and work great. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

13. boggerless

what's up MUDHOG? i'll send pics as sone as i load a new file of pics.i'm trying to send pics of JR but it keeps picking up my wifes pics. i'll try again tommorow night( i'm tired and i'll get pissed and end up smashing the computer). hell i've had these tires down to 8 lbs or less and the side wall still looks like the tire is almost full. i get it to were it doesn't even read on the gauge before the side wrinkles ecsesivlly. they are tough work great in snow also, not bad on ice. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

14. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

I have a set of 14.00R20 (49.7") Michelin XLs waiting to go on my K-mog.

See pic in avatar. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Eric

15. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

im running dunlop radial mud rover MT's...only had them on the truck for about 2 weeks but the one trial ride i rode on they did super!! there also nice and loud on the street!

16. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

I dont, but my brother is running 35x12.50 regul mt's. They are made by BFGoodrich, and have a similiar tread pattern as the bfg mt's. The do good in the mud, and do good in the rocks. Dont chunk in the rocks, and are pretty durable. We usually run them at about 16 psi on the trail without beadlocks, there are big gouges and bruises in the sidewalls but they havent punctured. They are also daily driven, and are wearing evenly, and are lasting a long time. Damn good tire if you ask me.
    -Harrison

17. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    I ran some Wild Country RVTs and some Mud Kings, both of the 33x12.5 variety, on a 90 z71 I used to have. They both did okay in the mud, the RVTs got about 25,000 miles and the mud kings are unknown because I quit driving the truck when they had 6000 miles on them.

18. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

I was running Mud King XT's for a while. They look like a super swamper but the tread is a little tighter. They're made by a few different companies, BFG is the biggest I can think of. Nice tire, it was quiet (for a mud tire) rode well, wore well, but it packed up if you got it in the really thick goo... so I ended up with 36" swampers instead /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

19. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

I'm running 33" Peerless ATs on my K10 and I like them. They have worn fairly well and only cost $500. I believe they are made by Bridgestone. I've also seen the same tires with a few different brand names.

20. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Ground Hawg's arn't as comman as Swampers, BFG's Or G/Y MTR's. I ordered (2) 36 x 14.50 r 15 Ground Hawg radials a couple days ago. $603.92 for just 2 tires is kinda high, but I want Ground Hawg's, and that price includes the shipping. Clicky