Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Not So Good News

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Donna, Mar 6, 2003.

1. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

For any one that has seen this on another board...I appologize.

I'm not sure where to begin so stay with me. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gifThere might be some serious changes to the build of my K5 due to an injury on my knee. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif Right now I am off work for at least 3 weeks and I started physical therapy on Wednesday. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif I go back to see the orthopedic on March 22nd. At that time he will determione if the therapy is helping and if an MRI is needed. The bad part is we are not sure if I will have to have surgery in the future because of it. We are unsure if I will be able to get in and out of a lifted truck easily enough to not do more damage to my knee. With the build up planned to start in a few weeks we are unsure what we are going to due. Wayne and I are both heartbroken to have to change the plans for my truck but we realize we have to do the right thing. Keep me in your thoughts and prayers since this whole ordeal is going to be tough.

This was originally posted by Wayne on our club forum. I just stole it and edited it. Thanks for listening.

2. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Don't make any drastic changes!!!

I banged up my knee in basketball pretty bad. I was supposed to have surgery etc. I wasn't supposed to be able to go a day without it hurting and blah blah.
    Well...I'm jumping in and out of trucks just fine, working on them, running up and down hills to see what the next obstical is, etc /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I can't go jogging (short sprints are okay) and I just have to be careful about not twisting it, but other than cold fronts setting it off...it's fine! I did everything my physical therapist said, and really pushed myself to get it better.

So, don't give up hope just yet! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

I hope I can get that lucky. They had to order me a brace that should be in today or tomorrow that I will have to begin wearing everyday for the rest of my days. The dr already told me that my job is the worst part of my leg having any chance to stay healed. He suggested a career change. Bad part is.I don't have much experience at anything. Espically not when I have spent 13 years doing one thing and the other 4 years that I have been working doing something else.

Thanks for the encouraging words Laura.

4. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

well donna that sucks!

I tore up my knee pretty bad in highschool playing Field Hockey- one of those my cleat grabbed the grass, stayed put, and my knee decided it was going to continue on a road of its own...I did have surgery- but was never suppose to play sports again- 4 months later I was ready for softball- CATCHER too- which I really wasnt suppose to do. TONS of therapy etc.

I wore one of those big hinge braces the rest of my highschool sports career, to be safe, but have been fine since. Every now and then if I do too much at the gym- it hurts- but eh- its only a knee- I got another one!

Do the exercises the therapist says- even when your cryin...it works...

and tell wayne- you REALLY should not do ANY house work- as it's been proven that knee injuries are very common while vacuming!
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Brandy

5. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    well donna that sucks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah tell me about it!!! I got the brace today and I bet my leg has already lost about 2 pounds just from the brace. It is almost like wearing a giant piece of elastic with metal strips down the center to protect my knee and a metal strip down each side.

[ QUOTE ]
    tell wayne- you REALLY should not do ANY house work- as it's been proven that knee injuries are very common while vacuming!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think h@!! would have a better chance of freezing before he would believe that.

6. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

whats up with the knee? how did you hurt...I work for a knee brace company, we make custom braces...

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Go ahead with your build up Donna. You'll heal. So what if you have too pick up a cheap car till you're all healed up. Hell, a mid 80's El Camino would be a cool cheap car to cruse till you're all better. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

I tore up my knee pretty bad in highschool playing Field Hockey- one of those my cleat grabbed the grass, stayed put, and my knee decided it was going to continue on a road of its own

[/ QUOTE ]

That's about what happened.

When I work out, I still wear a brace. I had to wear a brace for about 8 months or so continuously (except when I was sleeping)

9. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

Donna, jennie just had knee surgury last friday, it ended up being more extensive than originally thought and it isnt alotta fun, just remember that the k5 will always be there, the knee is more important /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

10. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Dang Donna sorry to hear this. I can relate to where your coming from. If you remember when I disappeared last yr around this time, it was because of my knees making me consider selling the Blazer. In fact my sig even said it was for sale. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

I stayed clear of the Blazer and wouldnt go near it for MONTHS for fear of changing my mind. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif I had to drive it to take it to trade it, and AS SOON as it fired up, I just sat there enjoying it. When it was warmed up enuff I started raising hell in the pasture at mom and dads. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

My knees are now worse than they were but I can still get in and out OK for the most part, but I am considering going to school to get a desk job. I already changed carrers last May hoping they would be better. Theyre not and surgery wont help. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif They hurt all the time, and some days I can barely walk. So I can definately relate where your coming from. Ill just have to fab up a lift to get me in PI if need be tho. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Hopefully the Docs can help you better than me. Mines not from an injury, its damage from repeated abuse over the last decade.

My neighbor wiped his out in HS football, had surgery and hes fine now. Good luck and keep us updated.

I wonder if that guys still waiting for me to show up to trade PI for a newer Z28??????? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif