Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

not so good

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dheavychevy38, Nov 2, 2003.

1. dheavychevy38

dheavychevy38 1/2 ton status Premium Member

when i was checking over my truck i noticed that my steering box was bad the frame is cracked and one of the shims to pitchthe diff was cracked in halfany body have this happen to them

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

The frame cracking by the steering box is a common issue with our trucks. You should check out ORD and see about getting one of these products. That is if it's not that bad yet. Sounds like maybe you might need more then a brace if I am picturing what you are saying right. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

3. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

The steering box thing is very common. Get it fixed ASAP!!
    The kit can be purchased here. Not sure on the shim I'm sure it prolly has happened to somebody else though. I think echobit sells shims. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. dheavychevy38

dheavychevy38 1/2 ton status Premium Member

the crack is very small easily fix going to order the kit for it but i need to find the right shims cause those ones came with the superlift 8 inch kit so i'm not sure what degree they are or anything

when i fix the frame i am going to replace the box cause i gives me a bad wobble and the steering wheel will change places after a hard day of wheeling