Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

not sure what i need for the front

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rerun93, Jan 10, 2005.

1. rerun93

rerun93 Registered Member

ok iam not to sure what everyone uses. but basically i want to be locked up front. iam not sure what axle everyone goes with, as far as i know i have the stock 10b. would it be worth it to get a locker formy 10 bolt or throw another axle under if i should do a new axle what to go with d60? also for this kinda conversion is it bolt on or weld to fit.

ty

ReRuN

2. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Really depends what you want from it. do you really need a front locker?

If your not sure i would suggest trying a Lockright as they're cheap and bolt straight in. If you really like it and the 10blt can't take your driving style then upgrade to a bigger axle.
    If you hate it you can go back to an open diff no problem.
    I think Tim can do Lockrights for around $240 but PM him for his best price.

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I'd go lockright in the 10 bolt and see how it holds up. If you are running 33s like your info says I'd stick with the 10 bolt. I wouldn't run a 60 or 14 bolt with 33s myself cause of the lose of ground clearance.

4. rerun93

rerun93 Registered Member

well i plan to go 35's when i wear out these 33's but yeah iam pretty sure i want my front locked. i think i will go that lockrite up front and see what i can brake.(only excusess to give to the wife to buy stuff with no hassel hehe)

5. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

Ive seen a few people blow up warn hubs, shafts and ujoints on a locked 10bolt.

Mainly depends on yer driving style.