Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Not Sure What To Use

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by scrappyk5, Mar 27, 2006.

1. scrappyk5

scrappyk5 1/2 ton status

i ran the numbers in my 1976 vette and found out the motor is from a 1975
    chevy c10 truck. now in wanting to tune this thing up , i looked up the
    ac plugs and it calls for r44tx and to gap at .060. the plugs that were in it when i bought it were r43ts. to gap at .035. now the guy who owned it before me was a real idiot and only owned it a short time. he might have thought the motor was a 1976 and that is why the r43ts are in it which it calls for in 1976.

my question is , should i try the r44tx ones and see how it runs , or should i stick with the r43ts ?

2. stewburban

stewburban Registered Member

stick to what it calls for i tried hotter and colder plugs did me no good went back to orig delco and they work fine..

3. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

um...

Gm used the .060 gap plugs ONLY in 75,with a "TSX"or "TX" suffix.....they learned quickly some cars would not start in cold weather or would foul out the plugs so bad they would not start again after stalling,so they switched back to .035 and .045 gap plugs with shorter tips like an R45TS,in 76,and told GM dealers to use them on the 75's when they came in for a tune up..at least here in the cold part of the USA..:crazy:

4. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

ditto.....what heads are on the engine....the 1975's that match the block or something else.