Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Not the TCC

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by hpfire7227, Apr 27, 2000.

1. hpfire7227

hpfire7227 Registered Member

just a follow up to my last post...it seemed the general consensus was that my problem was the torque converter clutch going bad.(Violent 'skips' at speed, usually under load). Well, I figured before I go unplugging anything, a routine tune up was in order...I found my #4 plug to be holding on by a single thread, it pretty much fell out when I pulled the wire off. Did the whole tune up and voila...problem solved. Maybe the compression loss was causing the bucking? Oh well. Just wanted to post a reminder to always check the small stuff first. Thanks for all the suggestions though, much appreciated.

10 BOLTS O' FUN

2. Mr Red

Mr Red 1/2 ton status

Glad to hear that and you make an awesome point. We sometimes get so caught up in the "oh-sh**" stuff that we forget about the simple READ:Cheap stuff!

I do recall reading an article about unplugging the lock up connection in a rag a while back. You may want to do that if you have any kind of a problem in the future. I think someone mentioned how the whole thing may grenade if it goes on for too long. If I remember correctly, I read that in the article as well.

Happy Trails!
    <font color=red>David, '86 K5</font color=red>

3. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Something i learned in the Army...an acroynm...KISS...Keep It Simple Stupid....holds oh so true...so everytime i try to outguess a problem i think back to my Warrant Officer saying KISS...and usually i find the darndest simplest things...

AZBLAZER

1979 K5
    1976 K5 Chalet
    1972 K10 Suburban