Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Not wheelin enough

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MEPR, Dec 31, 2002.

1. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

I realy miss being out in my truck and trying to break it. To state the truth i havnt even driven my truck for going on 3 days /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    Whats happening to me?

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I haven't driven mine in 2 years, so I don't feel bad for you. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif </font color>

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

you can actually DRIVE YOUR TRUCK!!?? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

4. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

what you got goin on wih yours?? mine about to get taken apart and probobly wont be together for a year or more either... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

5. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I fragged both ring gears in Nov. 00 and put it in the garage in Jan 01. It's in the process of getting D60 with 5.13s, ARB, crossover and hydro assist; 14bFF with 5.13s, welded diff, discs and driveline e-brake; York on-board air, the Hummer wheels I posted about and 42s. Should be done by February, the axles are in and finished and I'm working on the OBA now. Steering, driveshafts and tires will happen in Jan and Feb. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Here's a pic of the last major milestone -

[​IMG] </font color>

6. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

See thats the sad part its running perfectly (exept for a bit of oil leakage but the motor has 235k on it so that acceptable) my parents just wont let me go out wheelin. I cant wait untill im 18 and can run all over the place...

7. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i havent been wheelin in over a week /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

8. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

Thats looking good /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Are you using a lot of Atron stuff?

Eric

9. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> No A-tron stuff yet. The disc brackets are from Derbinator, the spring perches are from Rockjunkies, and the plates and 2" blocks (add-a-leaves I guess since they bolt to the pack) are from Willyswanter. I have spring perches from TonyP also, but they aren't on the axle yet. It's an all-CK5 14b, parts from 6 different members - the carrier came from tRustyK5 and the spiders were given to me by NEOMASTINO. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

The spiders were welded by Rene, then re-welded by KidJethro after Rene found that he had damaged the original fozzy-lock style welding on his axle.

If someone has 2 spare axleshaft bolts for a 14bFF then it would have parts from 7 members. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I am missing 2 of them and the regular grade 8 ones look ugly with all the other ones being the nice factory flanged bolts.</font color>

10. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

My truck has only been running 3 weeks of this year. I won't be able to fix it until I get home in Febuary. I frame-offed it over the summer, then blew it up three weeks later.

But I don't hold back. I beat on it.

11. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

I only got to drive my blazer 4 times before it was wrecked by a f-250, but I drove home (he didn't) and it has been a frame off project for 2 years since /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Rocko teases me about this all the time! I bought my wife's Blazer back in March! We drove it home and the next day a buddy comes up and asks to go wheelin! We go and I drive, running it real hard, my wife begs me not to break it and wonders why I'm running it hard! I tell here I want to make sure it's in good shape and nothing is going to be a problem for her...... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
    Well, lets just say I spun a rod and blew the engine up!!!!! I got towed home by a Ford, /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif, and ever since it's been in the front drive! It's about a Months time from being road worthy, but lets just say it's been a hell of a ride!:
    <font color="red"> New Frame </font color>
    1 Ton Axles
    Changed 208 for 205 on 700R4
    New interior
    Rebuilt Engine
    New Driveshafts
    Add-A-Leafs FR/RE
    Extended Shackles In Front
    New Shackle Flip In Rear
    Hummer Rims
    Tossed 35 for 38.5" TSL! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    About 7" of lift and She's trimming the fenders this weekend!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Mines been parked for 2 weeks. Last time i drove it i bent the drivers door in and snapped the 208 slip yoke. Its drivable now but the front end is makin some funny noises and the t-case is leaking in places it didn't used to. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

14. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

"Leakin in places it didn't used to"

Yeah my 208 did that for two years before I ditched it.

15. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

What did you switch to? I want a 203 but then add in the cost of drivelines and such, and its a serious investment.

16. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I went to a 205 (see sig). I converted to a 4 speed so it was easy. Went from 700R4/NP 208 to SM 465/10 spline 205.

17. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

That pretty cool and it's so clean, But then it hasn't seen pavement or a dirt road yet /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    Does Rockjunkies have web site for those spring plates? I guess I should ask is he making them for sale?

Eric

18. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> The plates were made by Willyswanter. He made them as a one-off for me without any plans to sell them, but he's had several inquiries about them so he might change his mind. I'd suggest PMing him for details. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Pics from before they were installed, right after I cleared them (too purty to paint black /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif) -

[​IMG] </font color>