Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Not your average lift ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rockink5, Feb 22, 2003.

1. rockink5

rockink5 1/2 ton status

I want to go to 56" rear springs and I have all that worked out. I am using an ORD flip. Problem is thats only 4". I am lifting the front up to 6" and have yet to find a way to get the back up with out a block. I am using 0rates now but it still will not be enough. I can't seem to find anyone who makes a 2" lifted 56" rear. And I am not sure about the whole rearching thing.

What to do? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

Or you could get the shackles that are made to lower a vehicle (like in Summit) and reverse them for the shackle flip and lift it, that MIGHT work but that's just something that I though of...

3. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

zero rates plus make some custom spring perches that are 1" taller than factory. Not much different than a block except its welded in. Otherwise you can bring the spring to frame mounts down an inch. Just a couple other ideas for ya. Don't know where to find those springs your looking for.

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

You might try email different spring companys and ask if they have what you're looking for. Just a thought.

5. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

Some will depend on the ACTUAL lift of the front. I had planned to buy a set of cheap 4" rears and take out leaves to level it out. Skyjacker makes 2" lift 56" springs, but they run about $400 for the pair.

6. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

2" blocks aren't that bad, and if you want you can just weld them on. i know people who have 5.5" blocks, which isn't he smartest idea, but they still haven't had any problems yet, so i doubt 2" will give you any problems at all

7. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    Try alcan springs out of Grand Junction Colorado and bring your visa card

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I want to go to 56" rear springs and I have all that worked out. I am using an ORD flip. Problem is thats only 4". I am lifting the front up to 6" and have yet to find a way to get the back up with out a block. I am using 0rates now but it still will not be enough. I can't seem to find anyone who makes a 2" lifted 56" rear. And I am not sure about the whole rearching thing.

What to do? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Don't "Add-a-Leafs" give ya 2" anyways ???

9. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

If you use a lowering shackle to lift it make sure you box it in or it will collapse. As already stated Skyjacker makes a 56" lift spring. You could also go to a spring shop and get yours rearched.

10. 77fixer

77fixer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Don't "Add-a-Leafs" give ya 2" anyways ???

[/ QUOTE ]
    That's what I thought and what I planned on doing to my Burb with the shackle flip.

Brett

11. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

Its hard to get things to turn out the way they do on paper. When I did my rear suspension I was hoping to get about a six inch lift but I came short about 1.5". I ended up cutting my old blocks to get 1.5" blocks.

There are a lot of variables that effect the final ride height. Shackle angle, shackle length and spring rate to name a few. I suggest just installing it and fine tune it to achieve your desired height, using longer shackles or adding blocks.

12. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    There are a lot of variables that effect the final ride height. Shackle angle, shackle length and spring rate to name a few. I suggest just installing it and fine tune it to achieve your desired height, using longer shackles or adding blocks.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I'm saying. Get the 4" Pro Comp 56" rear springs for around $275 for the pair, and take out leaves as you need to. Hell, throw your Zero Rate in the front and level it out.

13. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

Lowering shackles are weak. Use something made for 4x4's like this long shackle for an xj. This warrior products shackle is beefy
    [​IMG]