Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NOTE: DO NOT SHIP VIA FORWARD AIR

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BowtieRed, Aug 14, 2003.

1. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

Well I'll start at the beginning.

I bought a transmission and transfer case from a fellow member here at CK5. It was shipped last Monday. According to their recovery schedule, it was to be here on last Thursday. I called on Thursday and they said it had not yet arrived and WOULD be there Friday. I called Friday and they had had an overflow on their truck and WOULD be there Monday. Tuesday I called. They said it was there. Great! Ok, I had plans of doing it the previous Saturday, because I needed my truck working by that Monday, but atleast it was there. I did have my dad's [I love Jeeps] Jeep to drive this week atleast. Well I went Tuesday, and it had not come in, only the paperwork had. I was pissed, they did not know where it was. They said they would deliver to my house and do dock checks to find it. I emailed them, and they did dock checks at both of the airports it had been at previously and both came back negative. Here I am, nearly two weeks later, out a lot of money and no transmission in sight. As of now my transmission is lost. I am furious. Maybe they are usually good about it- but I am going to take more precautions IF i ever use Forward Air again. I want lots of money back if they cannot find it, I got a hell of a deal and doubt I'll find another so good, so if they give me the price I paid it is useless to me, because I can't find another for that price.

2. o2bjimmy

o2bjimmy 1/2 ton status

Man thats gotta suck /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif Hope it all gets straitened out /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Did the shipper insure it? Hope so! I always suggest it and have used them more times than I can count! Never had a problem, but it's too bad to hear you had problems... Hope it all works out!

4. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    so if they give me the price I paid it is useless to me, because I can't find another for that price.

[/ QUOTE ]
    so what did that tranny cost... 8-900 dollars?? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

damn i hope you get it soon. next time you talk to them politely ask for there complaint number that will get them working faster /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

Don't mean to hijack, but, damn! BranndonC, that's a sweet gif you have in yer sig. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

thanks, it's some work to make, but it was fun. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

I also had a terrible experience with Forward Air. I shipped an axle for a buddy because I work near the terminal. Bad mistake...I won't even go into how big a pain in the ass it was. I won't ever use them again.