Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Note to my roommates, too mean?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Jul 7, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I suspect my one roommate has been using my utensils and dishes. Being a really picky person who needs his private space, the idea of this, engrages me. So I decided instead of getting into a fight over it, I'll let him know he is caught by leaving notes in my cabinet and drawer in the kitchen. Here is what they say:

I'm too nice of a guy sometimes, I'm asking you guys if you think this is being too much of a dick, but the ONLY way he will read these is if he opens my cabinet to TAKE MY STUFF. Ugh, too nice...

2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

trust me i have seen alot worse, thats pretty nice and fair by my standards

3. google

google 1/2 ton status

agree. I would put a spring loaded boxing glove in there that springs when he opens it and nails him in the nads.

4. spincast375

spincast375 1/2 ton status

Better yet: obtain a second set for your own pesonal use. Stash it so he can't get at it. Wash your first set in real soapy water. Don't rinse it. Let it dry with the soap on it. When he cooks with it, he will get a real bad case of diarrhea. Not bad enough to do real damage, but he'll get the point.

5. google

google 1/2 ton status

Naa, just eat all his food and drink all his soda using his stuff and leave it all dirty. Then pee on the clean stuff. Then kick him in the jimmy

6. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Buy paper plates and plastic utensils. No one wants to use that crap anyway. Except for me, I love paper plates - no mess. :D

7. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

My mom suspected that someone was opening her locked locker at work and using her salad dressing. She replaced the dressing in the bottle with Ipicak (sp?), a vomit inducer. Curiously the problem went away.

8. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

my old roommate used to eat all my groceries. I awoke one night to hear him and some fat chick he met at a bar cooking, got up the next morning and a whole dozen eggs and 2 steaks were gone. i simple took the money out of the rent. he didn't like it, but hey, he plainly set the rules that I don't bother his stuff and he wouldn't mine. course it was his house but right is right.

9. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

And i just have problems with the kids being teenagers not wanting to clean up in the kitchen after themselves. The note should be nice enough. But playing games is alot of fun too. Does he was a put your dishes back? If so then ask why he don't do his own and see if he fels stupid. :doah:

10. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Once in a while he washes them(I can't be 100% hes doing it just dishes I don't remember using when I'm washing and such). He rarely does his own dishes and never puts them away.

Now that there are 3 of us here I want to move. THe place is in a constant state of a mess I can't keep up with :mad:

11. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

I think you should learn to share. You sound like the most annoying roomate. When one of my roomates does something I don't like I tell them to their face. Hiding notes in the cabinet is super weak. If I found that note first I would do the opposite of what it said. Then I would tell everyone you are gay. I'm betting they react the same. You aren't avoiding a fight, you are setting the stage for a bigger one.

12. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Sounds like you're being pretty nice. Roomates suck, living by yourself is much better and you only have to deal with your own mess and stink.

You know, I just thought of something; I haven't had a roomate in about twelve years which just happens to be about the amount of time since I had a real fistfight. I'm still great friends with some of my old roomates, but we sure kicked each other's asses back in the day, roomates suck, even if they're good folks.

13. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Just what I was about to say... But I didn't want to be the only one to say it... :haha:

Really, though, it's when a group of ADULTS act like two year olds and can't share the stuff that they leave in the public area of the house that problems start... If you don't want people using your dishes, tell them, and then take them away...

14. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I would just ask them politely, something like "Hey, have you used any of my dishes? I don't remember if I used [x] or not, but it's sitting in the sink dirty. Can you wash it if you're going to use it, or just don't use it?" (tone means a lot, it's helpful to sound light about it rather than aggressive).

Otherwise...
    I vote for paper. Keep them in your truck/car and bring in one or two when you know you'll need them.

Heck, keep all your dishes in your trunk and just bring in what you know you'll need. Inconvenient, but at least you won't have to burn up thinking someone's using them.

15. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

That could backfire roomie... :D

16. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

HAHAHA. I didn't think of that.:doah:The point remains , writing notes is weak ass bull****.

17. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

Notes are weak, tell him to keep his hands off your stuff, in an unagressive adult manor. If he persists be an a-hole (that's wrong he is the a-hole) be aggressive about it.

18. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

now your playing in the reality playground your mother warned you about. :haha: :haha: i've spent a few different times over the years with weird people and it sucked. but at the time i had no choice, i was even stupid enogh to go to the bar with one group. :confused: the stuff they thought was fun????????????? LET ME OUTTA HERE. :laugh: :laugh:

19. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Oh **** you. I don't handle personal confrentation well(no I don't wuss out, quite the opposite) so rather then start a fist fight over some stupid dishes I'm letting him know not to touch them. I never see the kid(he has class at night and is gone when I'm home and asleep when I leave). He thinks hes tough, so if I just go accusing him I'm certain he'll just be a dick the rest of the time we live together.

**** you guys who say "share" the word shouldn't be anywhere near this. His cabinets are on the oppossite side of the kitchen from mine. I never even open his. MY stuff is closed away in a cabinet ALWAYS. I wash it, and immediately put it right back with the rest of my stuff. If your idea of "in a public space" is closed away in a cabinet with other stuff that doesn't belong to you, I'll be over to grab your extra truck parts next week :surepal:

So what is the adult statement here? Trying to push me into some **** cause you think its "not being a man"? Or my leaving a note for my roommate to leave MY **** alone.

20. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Wow.............. I'm not even sure how to respond to that, if I should........... It's always fun when people ask for opinions/suggestions and then get all bent out of shape because someone disagrees with their idea............

That said, the note idea is NOT a good one, and I don't think your roommate will get the point that you are trying to get through to him.

There's my opinion that you asked for, use it or don't, but why don't you attempt to refrain from replying to people who offer their suggestions, "**** you guys?"

Last edited: Jul 9, 2005