Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

'Nother lighting/signals/wiring problem

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dbozman, Mar 27, 2007.

1. dbozman

dbozman 1/2 ton status

Howdy. Pulling out of the garage, I happened to accidentally whack the turn signal lever with my hand, which broke the plastic piece it mounts to on the signal switch inside the column. This is on my '74.

Napa lists a replacement piece for the turn signal, just the mounting piece, not the switch itself. Bought one and replaced it (it's the piece the lever bolts to that rides atop the switch, with the return springs). Now I have no lights to the rear. Prior all worked correctly. Now, no brake lights, no turn signals, no running lights and no emergency flashers to the rear.

Headlights still come on. When I trip the emergency flashers, they indicate on the dash and operate up front, but not rear. No turn signal indicators on dash and signals don't work front or rear.

I replaced both "canisters" on the fuse panels and there are no blown fuses. Replaced the big bulbs in the rear and the small side indicators on the rear (both sides). I have not completely buttoned up the column yet, though I got as far as the big pressure plate, though that shouldn't matter. I have not messed with any wiring as it all worked before the turn signal switch was broken. Thoughts?
    d