Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Nothing to do w/ k5's but...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by InSearchofAk5, Jul 25, 2001.

1. InSearchofAk5

InSearchofAk5 Registered Member

Nothing to do w/ k5\'s but...

My moms 96 chevy lumina minivan is having some kinda porblem. When you brake Theres a thumping sound coming from under the van... I dont know what it is but id really want to fix it cuz if not she will just take it to the dealership and get ripped off for them to fix it. Thanks

2. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

Re: Nothing to do w/ k5\'s but...

<font color=purple> Try doing a search for Chrysler products ...... I found a real good one for my sister in law's LeBaron a while back..... I'll see if I can find it again.

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

3. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

It sounds like the drums might be warped.

"I AM THE HILIFT KING"<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang>community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang</a>

4. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> your best bet is to pull them off and take a peak.......it's probably something easy to see.

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

5. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>yeah FRIZZLEFRY is on the right track. I would bet that the front rotors are warped. Does it happen when you hit the brakes? Does the steering wheel shake?</font color=blue>

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I'm with them. Is it time for brakes? Were they just done? Maybe the rotor wasn't cut or needs to be now (and pads replaced). Check the rears, too for the same thing (if it's 4-wheel disc).

This may sound totally batty, but it's true. My wife's car has a similar problem right now because the motor mount is eaten through, and the motor kind of floats between the frame and nothing when you brake (I wrapped steel cable around it until we can have it done and that has helped considerably). Only because it's FWD, though.

Ratch
    <a target="_blank" href=http://k5.8m.com>k5.8m.com</a>
    **K5 - What more is there to life?**

7. InSearchofAk5

InSearchofAk5 Registered Member

1 month ago the dealership SUPPOSEDLY fixed a problem w/ her booster in the mean time reaplced her pads and polished her rotors...thats why shes so pissed off b/c they had just done workto it plus her power windows went out and they charged her 400 for a new motor on driver side and now the passenger side is going out.. So shes thinking about trading it in or selling it. and no i dont think the steering wheel shakes its just a slow thump... thump...thump while shes braking

8. bigblue

bigblue 1/2 ton status

sounds like rear drums to me...