Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

nothing works for me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRR

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by purple76pearl, Jan 27, 2003.

1. purple76pearl

purple76pearl 1/2 ton status

i dont understand it, i got this blazer for 1000 bucks, great ride, put the lift on it, lost more time trying to get the wheels that where rusted on the damn thing off, fighting the truck the whole time i put the lift on, noting but trouble, got new tires and wheels, blew the side wall out of them, 300 bucks down the drain, tore the tranny out, 300 down the drain, put new tranny in, with cooler, cooler sucks dont work tore tranny out again, out 400 for tranny and cooler, finally got another tranny in then gears went out 3 days ago, i panicked got new ones from a buddy, out 500, t-case locked up on me today so now if you add up evrything i have, i got 1000(blazer) 2500 ( tires, wheels, lift,fenders, bush wackers, mm conversion for transfercase)1500 for [censored] breaking, i have 5000 bucks in a damn hunk of poop that wont run, im selling out, why cant i just keep this hunk of [censored] on the road /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

2. evilandangry

evilandangry 1/2 ton status

Look on the bright side, you've learned a lot about your truck!

3. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

Have you met Solowokie yet? you should, he can tell you his story about his truck he has some of the same luck that your having. Sorry to hear about your truck I know how hard it can get.

Eric

4. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

if you think about it, the vehicle is from 76', kinda aged. just look at it that way /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Like someone already said the truck is a 76...that's 27 years of crud, abuse and neglect. Be glad you only paid a grand for it...now examine the way you've been going about things and learn from them.

Be patient, wait for deals, put in the elbow grease and don't drive it like it belongs in the top truck challenge until you've been through the whole truck.

Anoyne can throw money at a truck, but it usually ain't a good plan. I've literally turned every nut and bolt on my truck...most of them more than once. I'm intimately aware of what still needs doing, what is OK for now and what I don't have to worry about. That doesn't happen overnight as anyone here can tell you.

Take a deep breath and get busy developing a plan for your truck, then work the plan until the truck is where it should be in your mind.

Look at it this way...you could have a $500 a month car payment and still have problems.

rene