Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

noticing worse noises...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TXsizeK5, Mar 10, 2003.

1. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I was going to the beach yesterday and i noticed these noises are alot worse now.
    When cruisin at 3k and i let of the gas or push in the clutch to slow down i hear a nice loud sound like paper is being torn or metal is scraping against concrete or sharp wind noise or something to that effect.
    Also when I am driving and go over bumps and whatnot it clicks and clacks, it cant be my ubolts cause i tighteneed them the other day with an air ratchet. Im clueless I also had my tcase rebuilt- some said it was the chain in the tcase that is loose willc ause the first noise /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    it cant be my ubolts cause i tighteneed them the other day with an air ratchet.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="green"> Whoa! An air ratchet develps maybe 25 ft-lbs of torque, tops. The u-bolts need more like 125 ft-lbs of torque. Put a torque wrench on those babies, or at least use a breaker bar on them. </font>

3. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

impact gun,i meant... dont those deliver a little more than a mere 25lbs? im sure they do.

4. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

Yes they do, some get way up there in like the 500 range I believe.