Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NoVA: MEET-N-GREET, Jan 13th, plans set (pg.3)

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region' started by big94gmc, Nov 30, 2006.

1. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

99% sure I'm moving back to NoVA before the Holiday season.... Centreville, to be exact (20120). So, I'm gonna need to know some folks up there, and make some new 'truck friends'.

How's up there? Where do ya'll play at?

Edit: Check pg.2 for my meet-n-greet idea.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2007
  2. randy88k5

randy88k5 1/2 ton status

Im in Western Maryland. I'll be down for a meeting and some offroading. MuddyBuddy, txcol_sanders, and a few others are probably a lot closer to the area in question...

3. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

I know James (MuddyBuddy), but he's in school in H'burg - doubt he'll be available for much. I would like to get to know all the others up in that area, so POST UP, ya inbreds!!:D

I know of Paragon, PA, and Crozet, VA.... Where else is good around the area? Where is decent local?

4. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

theres rt 606 off 28 in chantily, thats where i usually go, its decent for being local. ive gotten stuck there a couple times. when you coming up? ill be back in fairfax on december 15th. ill probably be down for some wheeling before i take the tranny/tcase out, if we can get a couple people to go. ill prolly have to work, but im sure i get out of it haha

5. muddybuddy

wait are you moving up here for good, or just visiting? i miss read the beginning on the thread

6. FOR MUD

FOR MUD 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I can make it in about 2hrs, is it worth it? I've done work in Sterling and my brother lives in McLean, so I know the area alittle.

7. twoslo4five0

twoslo4five0 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

welcome back man...my rig isnt finished yet but hopefully by summer it will be well all have to get togher...

8. FOR MUD

Or not.

9. muddybuddy

i think my rig is actually going to be down, since im pulling the tranny/t-case on the 18th. if people want to have a get together or something that would be cool. dont know what everyones schedule is going to be like.

10. black sheep

black sheep Registered Member

If you are here this week you can catch the last backyard mud bog of the year near eliz.city n.c.12-9-06 sure to be fun,nasty pit.all welcome.no classes classes,tropheys,or payouts.just carnage.anyone interested just pm me for info.was waiting for forcast to be sure it would happen but supposed to be 50 and sunny so ITS ON!!!

11. bluecollarjock

bluecollarjock 1/2 ton status

I live in Arlington, work in Chantilly actually at the police academy. Im up for meeting some people this winter break. I have an 86 K5 I just bought that needs alot of work! But I want to get it so I can relive my mullet high school wheeling days in my 87 K5. This one has an oil leak I need fixed might be manifold or valve cover, and stock crappy 3.08 axles...anyone in the area has some 3/4 or 1 ton cheap axles Im ALL EARS!!

Ill be around for the holidays if people want to get together. Looking forward to meeting muddybuddy finally, he has been my expert advice guy in my quest for axles. Keep missing the good deals, or cant find a suitable matching pair! Everyone seems to have either a front or a rear, not matching set!

12. muddybuddy

haha we'll find a set soon

13. bluecollarjock

Haha..just emailed ya brother....Im home all weekend except for some Christmas shopping for the lady...let me know if you want to hook up, I dont think you live far. Im right near Ballston Mall in Arlington, easy off of 66

I am a pain in the a$$ so ancy about this K5...Ive been daydreaming since 2001 when my old K5 I had for 10 years was towed as a public safety hazard up in CT...since then Ive not been wheeling and now have the most sissy 4x4 Ive ever owned! a Jeep Grand Cherokee with puny tires and all clean! At least it has the dana 44 and high output V8 so when the warranty runs out I can lift it a little

14. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

Bringing this back up to the top....:usaflag:

I'm thinking we need to get together a Meet-n-Greet for the Metro DC area folks.... No ride or anything, just a chance to sit down face to face with as many from the surrounding area as we can, and maybe get some cell numbers.

Hmmm....:thinking:

So, not this coming weekend, but the NEXT weekend....say, Saturday, Jan. 13th, about lunchtime??? I've got a couple places in mind, but first, let's see who all would be interested, and we'll all decide on a place shortly.

So, post up, and spread the word!!!

15. bluecollarjock

my email is bushidotnt@aol.com, cell 203-376-9550...let me know should be free as far as I know

16. twoslo4five0

twoslo4five0 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i might be interested depending were yall wanna meet and how close it is to richmond..

17. fwc

fwc Registered Member Premium Member

I am interested in meeting up with the local folks. I am in Vienna, right next to the metro station.

18. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

fwc: Stay tuned, bro.

twoslo: Chances are, it would be somewhere up here around NoVA, but, we'll decide once we get a good number of people saying Yes.

bluecollar: What does your email address stand for?:confused:

19. bluecollarjock

Well let just say I made the email up probably 10 years ago when I was big into mixed martial arts and fresh out of finishing my college football career. I read a philosophy book called Bushido, it means "The Way of The Warrior"...guess back in the day I thought I was a real warrior hah...my social life back then revolved around lifting, training for fighting, meditation, prayer, and drinking protein shakes. These days my body cant take what it used to!

I should be home next weekend and Vienna or anywhere in Fairfax, Arlington, Alexandria is fine. Tons of good restaurants by me in Ballston, Clarendon, Courthouse.

20. FOR MUD

Is this for Va people only?