Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

now accepting donations and axel parts, and suggestions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by milspecjimmy, Jan 9, 2003.

1. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

i blew it up again, and i am not putting any more money into a 10b. it broke so hard this time, it pushed a piece of teh ring gear out of the bottem of the housing, and it cut the cover in half. also bulged the cover out so bad it broke 3 bolts off. so i need some axel's, i want some from a cucv p/u. 4.56's, detroit in the rear and an lsd or open in the front depending on wich model it comes out of. i want free ones, dont we all? but id take suggestions as to where i can find some cheap ones. or even alternatives as to where i can get a doner rig some where in the maine/nh area. thanks guys
    ~~~jeff

2. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

3. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

look on ebay, thought I just saw a guy selling alot of axles out your way.... /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Check with Wayne, he has a connection for CUCV one ton stuff. Most rears have Detroits and 4.56's and some of the D60's have traction aids as well. I recall his prices were reasonable...not free though.

Rene

5. sdavid

sdavid 1/2 ton status

You could try www.car-part.com, it is a salvage yard search site. I don't know about the military stuff, but you can find some 3/4 ton and 1 ton there.