Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Now here's a story

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by hpfire7227, Jun 3, 2000.

1. hpfire7227

hpfire7227 Registered Member

Now here\'s a story

Get this...brought the K5 into BJ's wholesale club for new BFG's today. (ordered the tires 2 weeks ago, but they sent Michelins the first time). I chose BJ's because they're price was a bit cheaper and they had a good mounting package deal. Good, right? Read on. While halfway through the install, they told me they couldn't get a lug nut off, (the orig. kind w/ the cap) and they referred me to Montgomery Wards service center next door. Ok, I said. Drove to Montgomery Wards, they removed said lug nut, happy as can be was I. Pulling out of Mont. Wards garage and I hear some God-awful noise...THEN...the right front wheel falls off. No joke. Off she came. BAM! riding on the backing plate. In the process, my studs were totally sheared smooth, my aluminum rim was damaged, and I blew a major vessel in my head. Turns out BJ's forgot to tighten up the right front, and that one lug was the only thing holding it on. Luckily, no other damage was done, and I was only going about 2 mph in a parking lot. Things could have been MUCH worse. The lesson here: 1.) BOYCOTT BJ's wholesale club, and 2.) Do it yourself if you want it done right.

10 BOLTS O' FUN

2. MudRebel350

MudRebel350 1/2 ton status

Re: Now here\'s a story

take them to court for that one.

J.D.
    88 Gmc Jimmy

3. paul_cfh

paul_cfh Registered Member

i'm a little nervous about buying truck things where i can buy food and bathroom things ........

[​IMG]<font color=blue>where the road ends the fun begins</font color=blue>[​IMG]

4. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

I thank they owe you some money and some new rims Hehe[​IMG]

[​IMG]Go prepared
    </font color=red>90 k5 soon to be big, bad, and mean

5. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I'm with mudrebel, I'll stick to buying parts at a parts store.

YEEE HAWWW[​IMG]

6. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Dude, that sucks. Have you talked to them yet? Are they going to fix it? Talk to the GM and threaten to sue them. One of my friends took his Jeep to Western Auto a long time ago to have new 33's put on. When they were lowering his Jeep off the lift, it slide off and put a little dent under one of the doors. No big deal at all. He complained a little and they gave him all 4 tires for free. Good luck.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

7. hpfire7227

hpfire7227 Registered Member

I went in there expecting them to pay for nothing more than the cost of new studs and the mounting of trhe fourth tire. Call it being reasonable. They still gave me the runaround...I had to shout at the manager about how innocent people could have been seriously hurt or worse because of the incompetence of her staff. That got the cash out of those punks. And this is not the end. Absolutely right guys...I should have thought twice about getting tires installed at a grocery store. Another lesson learned the hard way.

10 BOLTS O' FUN

8. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

HI HO! HI HO! off to court they should go!!!!

Knife.