Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NOW I REALLY DIDN"T NEED THIS!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Jun 5, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Ruby has a hard red lump on her belly. God damnit. Shes been laying down in the cage all night, I figured shes just hot, now I'm really worried. I had to wait a while till she let me touch it, its not just soft tissue. I don't know wtf this is and I'm freaking out. My vet is 300 miles away. God damnit I wish I noticed this while at home, I could have left her with mom and sent her to the vet again. Now I need to search and search for vets in this area. And hope that one of them in this god damn area has experience with a hedgehog(HIGHLY unlikely), and whether they will even consider looking at her(since they are illegal). God damnit, god ****ing damnit. It could be nothing but there is not a chance in hell I'm risking it. Cancer is a common killer of hedgehogs.

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

fears are being put to rest a little. God I freak out so much.... I took her outside, I'm going to go sit with her for an hour or a few.... shes alive and on the hunt(litereatlly digging for bugs) in the grass of my front yard.

3. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

4. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Why are hedgehogs illegal down there? They are a common pet up here... :confused:

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

that was my initial thought, but its sort of solid and it doesn't hurt her. I was poking it to see if she would squeal and she didn't seem to care one bit.

6. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

I know it's not common to do, but did you consider that it could just be a zit?? my cats get them all the time...

Squeeze it slightly (not enough to make it pop) and see if it feels mushy inside and to see if it bothers her at all... you should be able to find a vet who deals with exotics, even where they are illegal... I can take my gliders to the vet, and they are illegal here to sell... but not to possess...

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

its large. The size of a dime I'd say. I felt it and it feels a little hard.

8. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Bug bite maybe, from being outside, ant, spider or something?

9. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

she hasn't been outside in a week(only after I discovered this), and any bugs that come near her, are instant meals.