Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Now In Stereo

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jagged, Jan 20, 2006.

1. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Not wanting to start another toolbox thread...

I love music, I listen to it all. A few years back when I graduated High School all I wanted for graduation gifts was some cash so I could get a decent stereo system. Five years later I still have the same components, and they sound as great as they did the first day!

CD Changer: Sony CDP-CE375
    Receiver: Technics SA-DX750
    Speakers: JBL Northridge N28

I use the optical output from the CD player, not RCA. My PS2 is also connected through optical cabling as well (for audio only, I use the S-Video output from the PS/2 for the S-Vid input on my TV). It would be awesome if the reciever had S-Video in/out.

It's a pretty good "mid-price system" for it's time. I thought long and hard about prior experience (not mine, but my dad as a broadcast engineer for radio stations). The Sony CD players the stations use had less problems than other brands. JBL was the brand of choice for monitor speakers. I went with the Technics reciever out of budget (really wanted the nice Yamaha, but couldn't afford the $$$), and because my dad had a Technics reciever that was at least 20 years old and still going strong.

The reciever gets pretty hot during use, but I've left it on for days without a problem. The JBL N28 speakers are about perfect for a "dorm room" sized area, although a small sub would be nice for the lowrange. The CD player is pretty forgiving on scratched CD's, and has performed flawlessly.

So, what setup do you got? :D

2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

jbl tower, and surround speakers
    kenwood reciever
    kenwood center channel(came with the rx)
    sounds good enough to scare the crap out of my girls little dog

3. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Eventually I'll get around to upgrading my reciever, and working on some new stereo channel speakers. Move the N28's to the surround channels.

4. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Kenwood Reviever With Dolby DTS 5.1

Kenwood Speakers

Pioneer 5 Disc DVD Changer

DVI is optical audio signal and component video

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

6. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Right now, just the stock Jeep setup... I have the Infinity Gold "premium" sound system with two blown speakers though :haha: On that, I have my two 12" Rockford Fosgate PUNCH subs with a 350w dual something or other amp... I fried my 1600w Legacy amp last month, I was very sad :doah::(

Assuming I don't have to replace my radiator, I'm planning on some major upgrades in the next few weeks... For sure a new head unit, since the stock one doesn't play half my CD's anymore, and never has played any CD-R's... Possibly some new, better speakers also...

7. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Ohhh crap... we're talking about home stereos... :crazy:

I had this really old thing with a record player and all that on it, but it just stopped working one day, so I ran out to the pawn shop and got a SHARP CD-C462, with non-functioning 3 CD changer and 5.1 surround sound... Of course I had to buy a Yamaha 8" sub for it... It works well. My TV doesn't have the ability to use surround sound through my stereo, so I run my PS2 (aka DVD player) through the stereo... Also my computer sound thanks to a cheap-o Radio Shack FM modulator.. Doesn't sound too bad. I might need some better rear speakers though.

8. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Harmon Kardon AVR 25 II
    Sansui SC-1330 Cassette Deck
    JBL 325-rear speakers
    Boston Acoustic-front speakers
    Polk Audio-center speaker
    X-Box for CD/DVD play until I find a HK unit reasonable

Next step will be a good turntable so I can listen to my high school albums from the 70s.

9. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i got nothin.i have the TV hooked up through the home sterio,but everyonce in awhile it buzzs LOUD through the speakers.:eek1: the stereo is all kenwood with at-15 cerwin vegas.it can bounce a can 4in off the floor ,even on carpet.the first time i turned it up i was playing van halens hot for teacher. the drumms at the beginning were hittin and everyone thought we had an engine running in the apartment.:laugh: