Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Now that is scary!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MudFrog, Mar 17, 2003.

1. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

I installed my 2" body lift and new poly body mounts Saturday, this is what I found, both bolts were like this on the front body mounts.

[​IMG]

2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I parted out a 1984 Suburban I brought out here from Minnesota. Found the front 2 body mounts were the only thing left holding the body to the frame. Then when I cut the roof off with a sawzall the sides just fell to the ground. Nothing was holding the sides to the floor any more other than gravity and a couple of thin spots. 1 serious accident would have probably killed my whole family in that rig.

3. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Now I don't feel quite so bad /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Wingnutt

Wingnutt 1/2 ton status

Man that is scary. We've got to go wheelin soon. I want to see yer beast in action.

5. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

My blazer has been in Az for 20 yrs and it was the exact same way!! Scary isn't it?

6. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

I think we might try and hit a local trail next weekend if your up for it. Oh yea.. we also just started a club, you need to join, we are not having dues at first just so we can get some people in. Send me some pics of your blazer again and I'll add them in the members section if your interested.

7. Wingnutt

Wingnutt 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a winner to me. I'l see if I can find the pics. I know I have them on this computer somewhere. Check yer e-mail tomorrow. BTW I finally found a job.

8. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Hey MudFrog, Id be interested in joining if I get into VA Tech. I should find out in within 2 weeks. Itd be nice hang with and have places to go with fellow K5ers while at school/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif If for some reason I dont get in it would be a bit to far from Richmond to join haha. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

9. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

must have had special factory bolts for just the east coast, heh mine were identical when i pulled them...
    blew my mind those suckers were still holding the radiator support on...
    i was surprised they didnt shear off when i pulled them, i mean those things were practically welded on because of the rust...

10. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Sounds good man.. send me a PM when you find out. We also have a really good trail about 35 min outside of Roanoke in the Jefferson National Forrest, it's always a blast.

11. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

Hey scott howd the intsall go? Everything work out ok...never did come up to Roanoke since I didnt want to ride my bike in the rain...i should be up there again towards the end of April though, and the blazer should be done by then. Ill be ready to hit some ofthose Roanoke and even the Blacksburg trails.

Later

12. 87GMCJimmy

87GMCJimmy 1/2 ton status

That's funny because they look exactly like the ones I pulled out of my front body mounts! The trucks in AZ and shows no signs of rust anywhere else.

Mike

13. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Eddie, What can I say, it was a body lift install /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif, it wasn't that bad except for the occasional stubborn bolt.

14. bigbluek20

bigbluek20 1/2 ton status

I think he went through my garbage and pulled mine out. That is exactly what mine looked like (the cab ones were okay, fortunately).

Definitely concerning considering the frequency and irrelevance of climate /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif