Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Now that my brakes are fixed-------

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by diesel4me, Jun 28, 2004.

1. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I got tired of scouring the boneyards for a power brake booster for my 79 C10--I saw one 79 4x4 there,but the booster was almost rotted through,so I didnt buy it.I had a spare one for my 74 K20 sitting in the shed out back for years--didnt ever drive the truck it came from(73 K10,had no transfer case when I got it),I wasnt sure if it was good,but it wasnt rusty--I lugged it to the garage and looked at the one in the C10--looks the same to me,so I removed the dead original and matched them up on the floor,slightly different rod that hooks to the brake pedal,but the same length,same bracket,it bolted right on to the truck no problem,and it fit the brake pedal fine--the best part is it even works!! Now I can lock the wheels,never could the past 2 years I owned it.The only thing now is 2 miles into the test ride,the motor made another death rattle sound like it did a few weeks ago--sounded like something got crunched up in one of the cylinders--now it skips and cuts out,mostly under load at light throttle--I think the pick up coil in the distributor or perhaps the coil may be crapping out now--everything looks good,but I've never put new wires or plugs in it either.I'm wondering if that little charcoal canister thing in the power brake booster decided to release all its charcoal into the intake,and now its fouling the plugs??. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I have another one somewhere--looks like tomorrow wil be another long day- /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif-oh well at least I can make it stop now!--all I need o do now is make it go!(that 500 caddy motor in the shed next to the brake booster is looking better all the time--dont want to put any money into the camelhumper 250 six,I'd rather spend it on a motor swap,unless I find out is just an ignition problem. I was just thinking--250+250= 500--Hmmmm,like having 2 motors! /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif