Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Now today was F***** up.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Feb 26, 2006.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

With all the last minute preparations to leave the country, I had to put off dropping off my truck and trailer (and stuff on it) until the day before we leave- today.

The plan: an ultra quick drive-up and drop-off; leaving the truck and trailer and returning immediately catching a ride back to Spokane. Should be 4 hours max. Everything looks good to go. I bring no tools, no air compressor, no jack and no spare.

I get 20 miles away from getting to my destination, and I feel a shudder, look back and see a tire flying way up in the air as I feel a thud and see sparks. I pull over immediately.

The back right trailer tire blew out; all 5 studs literally pulled through the hub assembly leaving 5 large egged out holes; 2 out of 5 lug nuts didn't break off and were still in the lug holes of the rim. Rim was screwed; hub assembly screwed; tire screwed.

It's 2pm. In 14 hours we leave and I need to have about 1.5 days worth of stuff done before then (not counting trailer repair).

After a bunch of phone calls, I have Judd & Brandy swing by with some tools, my mom's boyfriend Mike bring up my jack and tools, one of the cops swings by and puts out flares, a local farmer stops by and offers a hand; I have a friend and his dad go up and yank a hub assembly off a camp trailer in case it works, and another friend grabs another rim and bolts and washers and comes up from Spokane. Then it starts snowing.

So sum up the rest, I got home really late and will be up until 4am when we leave and still won't be ready. Plus I've felt like crap with some cold or flu the last 5 days.

2. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Harsh. Are you flying out of Seatac? If so, I pity you even further.

3. dogdaysunrise

dogdaysunrise 1/2 ton status

go enjoy your trip and worry about your junk when you get back.

4. mountainexplorer

Spokane to LA. Upon return, we'll be through Seatac

5. CustomChevy

CustomChevy 1/2 ton status

x2

cya in 3 weeks allan

6. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

at least you can sleep on the long flight....

7. mountainexplorer

I'll try to sleep and I guess I'll have no choice but to forget everything at home for the time I'm gone. After all I'll be like 7000 miles away; makes it hard to work on anything.

8. eclipse

eclipse 1/2 ton status

Glad to hear you finally got it fixed yesterday, wish I could have done something to help out. Have a good time on vacation and everything will be waiting for you when you get back. :wink1: