Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Now what about trannys...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ReIN4st, Jan 3, 2001.

1. ReIN4st

ReIN4st Registered Member

Can a gas small or big block bolt up to the diesels tranny?? I beleive its a 700R4, but not sure. Does anyone know ??

2. JimmyDie6.2

JimmyDie6.2 1/2 ton status

a 6.2 has the same bolt pattern as any other chevy motor, from a six to a BBC. the 350 diesel is an olds design so you need to run a bop tranny or get an adapter plate.......js

3. ReIN4st

ReIN4st Registered Member

What do you mean by a bop ? Thanks

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

BOP=Buick, Olds, Pontiac. They all share a common bell housing bolt pattern. However, it is not the same as the Chevrolet bell housing bolt pattern.

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com>http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com</A>

5. rezalb

rezalb 1/2 ton status

I have a 1983 K5 witha 6.2, I put a 1993 model 454 with TBI and the 700R bolted right in...HOWEVER&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;I cannot get the 700R TV cabe to communicate properly with the TBI. SO this week as we speak a 400 with a 203 transfercase is going in. So be careful, whatever engine swap ya do, make sure the TV can PROPERLY shift....learn from my hundreds of dollers wasted.

rezalB

Built for a purpose.