Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Now what the hell is wrong...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Poohbair, May 19, 2005.

1. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

JESUS H. CHRIST on a CRUTCH.... if more sh!t could go wrong on my truck... I hooked the clutch linkage up tonight, get in the truck, and the clutch pushes in REAL HARD... and appearantly doesn't work... I can push the clutch all the way to the floor and can't put in gear w/ the engine running. If I pull the tcase into neutral, then I can get the tranny in gear w/ it running, but cant get the tcase back into gear. %U@K!!!!!! Oh, but the good news is that the new motor runs great!!!!!!

If I have to take this tranny out again by myself, i may just say f it and tow the truck out of the garage and put a tarp over it for a few months...

2. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Did you put the clutch disc in backwards? I got in a hurry once and made that mistake. :blush:

3. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

Well, I thought I had it in right....???? Don't they only go in one way or won't the springs on the disc hit the flywheel????? Crap, I don't know... all I know is that I REALLY don't wanna pull the tranny out.

4. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Clutch discs only go in one way. I've never made a mistake except once, which was a result of rushing things and slapping the clutch on the motor quick. One side of the disc sticks out further with the springs in it, and that side needs to face the pressure plate. If it faces the flywheel, it gets jammed against the flywheel bolts and spins constantly with the motor.