Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Now what???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by wayne, Mar 9, 2004.

1. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Well I was planning to regear to 4:56's but just found out nobody makes a thick 4:56 gear set for a standard rotation D60. I really hate the thought of buying a new carrier since my Powerlock only has about 2500 miles on it. I will not run a ring gear spacer so I guess I have no choise but to buy a new locker. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Just thought I'de vent a little. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

You sure? Years ago, when I was building a 60 and 14, I had gotten the standard 4.56 gears for the 14FF by mistake and sent them back to get extra-thick gears. Thats proof they are/were made. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

3. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Wayne,

E-mail or call Jason @ http://4wdfactory.homestead.com/pricing.html

Sure wished you needed a primo set of 14B 4.56 gears. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Guys you sure aren't listening to him. 14 bolt isn't the problem, the D60 is. He wants 4.56s on a 4.10 carrier, only way to do it is ring gear spacer. He won't run that so hes venting. It sucks.

5. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Yep the 14ff is easy it's the D60 that is the problem. It's no big deal though right now. I am seriously considering leaving the 4:10's and just stepping up to a Doubler or Atlas later this year. Might also consider the sm465/241. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

6. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

randys ring and pinion list's them /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

7. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    randys ring and pinion list's them /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

They are reverse rotation.

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

465/241 is a good option, its my route, also 5.13s. Considered an Atlas, if I ever go with bigger tires(aka when) then I will probably go Atlas.

9. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    465/241 is a good option, its my route, also 5.13s. Considered an Atlas, if I ever go with bigger tires(aka when) then I will probably go Atlas.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am considering the Atlas as a very good option. I could always do the Doubler but that would mean another trans rebuild, 2 t cases to rebuild, and a few other mods. Overall the cost will be close to just doing the Atlas. The best price I came up with on an Atlas 3.8 is $2007 and that was with 32 spline front and rear outputs and 1350 CV flanges. Looks like I'll just have to live at work for a while. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

10. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Well, if you're looking for a 4.56 carrier for your D60, I have one forsale for cheap. Let me know...PM me...
    Boss

11. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Well, if you're looking for a 4.56 carrier for your D60, I have one forsale for cheap. Let me know...PM me...
    Boss

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the offer but I'm going to leave it go for now and just live at work untill I have enough coin for the Atlas.