Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

np 203 conversion kit good or bad???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by coopdog, Jul 8, 2006.

1. coopdog

coopdog Registered Member

After hours of research I am still undecided as to leave my 203 as is, install the milemarker shaft conversion kit, or go with a rebuilt 205, I plan to use the truck as a daily driver and would like to be able to go through a good looking mud hole should I choose too ....any advise is much appreciated.

S/F

Coopdog :D

2. garlicbreath

garlicbreath 1/2 ton status

I have a used 203 conversion kit I don't need. PM me. No hubs though.

3. MattK

MattK 1/2 ton status

i used the full shaft conversion on my 203. it worked great. 2low is extremely nice to have on the trails. only reason i would say not to convert is maybe winter driving, but i dont yall get much snow out that way, do ya?

4. ankarback

ankarback 1/2 ton status

I have a converted NP203 in my suburban and so far it has worked just fine. Works fine in wintertime too since I found out you can shift between 2HI and 4HI om the fly as long as you are going strait ahead. When there's a lot of snow I just shift to 4HI and when the tracion is getting better and you feel the driveline is binding just turn it back to 2HI. And as said above 2LO can be very nice sometimes on the trails.