Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

np 203 question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by acablik, Aug 7, 2002.

1. acablik

acablik Registered Member

If I can get into 2Low, N, 2Hi, and 4Hi gears of my np203 T-case w/ the mile marker part time conversion kit, but cant get it into 4low, does this signify a linkage problem? It seems that the forward throw of the T-case shifter (for 4Lo) is limited by the "box" that the shifter is mounted to. Is this the problem, can the throw be adjusted to allow the shifter to mve farther forward for 4Lo? Thanks in advance for your help, you guys have already saved me hundreds of $$$'s!

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I would check the linkage adjustment first.

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Shifter is probably jammed up with Dirt. I have had to clean both mine out. Never bad enough that it wouldn't go into 4 low but it would pop out every time you put a lot of Torque to it. The fact that it will go into low and 4 high pretty well rules out any problems internaly in the case. You can get the case to do everything it would do in 4 low in the other positions. IE you can get into low and you can get 4wd. So the range box works and the 4wd works.
    It has to be linkages or the shifter full of crud.