Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NP 203 wont go into HLOC

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by coopdog, Jul 8, 2006.

1. coopdog

coopdog Registered Member

My np 203 will not go into High LOC (lever pulled all the way back towards the seat right??) I am trying to bypass the all time 4x4 by shifting my t-case into high loc and then removing the front drive shaft...once I get the money I plan on buying the milemarker shaft conversion kit...any thoughts on that one. I have found several good diagrams that explain how to adjust the linkage underneath...I can line the levers up placing them in the neutral position and then look back at the levers that should be at 6 oclock and they are...but still no high loc...the bent lever or the one closest to the t-case seems to be the one that is stuck...I say this because when the sifter is moved forward then back only the most outboard lever moves...does anyone know which lever is for which and how do they work?

Stumped???:confused:

2. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Check the shifter box under the floor. When I pulled mine apart for the very same reason it came apart in more pieces then I think Chevy intended. Has all kinds of levers and latches and clever gadgetry.

3. AZ79K5Project

AZ79K5Project 1/2 ton status

Spray some lube into the box before you pull it apart. Both my trucks - same problem. The shifter box dries out and nothing moves/locks.

Start simple then move to more complex solutions.