Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NP 205 Leak, Plus Suspension Q's

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by petryshyn, Jun 4, 2005.

1. petryshyn

petryshyn 1/2 ton status

I have just found a leak on the front cv yoke output, it seems to be the seal. I am wondering how hard it would be to replace it. Also i am wondering how you would remove the shifter off of a Sm465, do you just push the roll pin out or turn it.

Now comes were i need opinions. I am pondering what i should do for suspension. I am pretty set on the 52" spring swap in the front. The options for the rear i am assuming would be a 56" swap (Would that yeild me 4" of lift?) Or just swap 56" and run a shackle flip. Or just run a shackle flip on the rear. I want approximitly the same amount of flex as i would get from the 52" swap up front and about the same lift.

Thanks.

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Shifter removal...

To remove the shifter,after taking off any boot in the way,grab the base of the shifter with channel lock pliers and push down,and turn it 1/4 turn(counterclockwise I think)and it will pop up and out of the tranny..be careful not to lose the spring,or the roll pin if it happens to be loose--and not to drop anything down the hole!...its the quickest way to fill an SM465 with gear lube,by dumping 1 gallon down the shifter hole...

I dont know squat about lifts or shackle flips!..so I'm no help there!. :crazy:

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

In the rear, with the 56's you won't get any lift. To get 4" like the front, you would need either a shackle flip, or the 56's need to have 4" of lift spring.
    With the shackle flip and the 56's, it would match great with the 52's up front.