Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

np 205 q's

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dheavychevy38, Apr 2, 2005.

1. dheavychevy38

dheavychevy38 1/2 ton status Premium Member

OK i have a np205 in my k5 and the problem i am haveing is everytime i go wheelin the front output for the driveshaft comes loose and starts to wobble if i tighten it up it olny last i or to weekends of playing anyone else had problems like this what to do thanks.

2. NorthWestFab

NorthWestFab 1/2 ton status

Do you mean the flange/yoke nut is constantly coming loose, or is the nut tight, but still slop existing in the driveline?

If the nut is constantly coming loose, clean the threads on the shaft and nut, add some threadlocker. vibrations in the driveline can cause nuts to come loose unexpectidly.

If the nut is not coming loose, and the shaft is actually able to wander in and out, you may need to install a new front output bearing.
    The thrust loads from the helical cut gears in a 205 will eventually wear the front output bearing causing slop. Some slop is acceptable, but if it is excessive I would recommend replacing the bearing.

-Kyle.

3. dheavychevy38

dheavychevy38 1/2 ton status Premium Member

ok where to get the bearing anyone got a part # cause the nut is tightened all the way down thanks

4. NorthWestFab

NorthWestFab 1/2 ton status

We have them in stock, you can PM me your zip for a quote, or if you prefer I'll go dig up a part number to take to a local bearing dist.

-Kyle.