Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NP 205 rebuild kit

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by RUSS84K5, Mar 7, 2001.

1. RUSS84K5

RUSS84K5 1/2 ton status

Steve,
    I just rebuilt a 10 spline 205. The kit was from Transtar and they said it was a one kit fits all. It had all the different gaskets but not the larger bearing for the TH400/Ford input. I know that the bore in the case should be bigger. Do you know if those parts are usually sold seperatly?
    Russ Vassar

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

There are different kits available, but if it's supposed to fit them all, it should have a bigger bearing, since the th400 gm's and the ford married cases both used it. It should also have fig 8 case gasket cut for the th400 bearing, in addition to the one for the th350.
    We've come across a pretty good kit that has all the thrust washers and misc small parts with it, in addition to the big bearing, that's what we use to build our cases. I think they're like $190 or so, have to check for sure.
    A lot of shops don't even know about the different variations on the 205, so they wouldn't even know to look for another kit.

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    [​IMG]
    SW-ORD

3. RUSS84K5

RUSS84K5 1/2 ton status

That explains it
    This kit only cost 112.00. But it was good for the case we did.
    Thanks
    RV