Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NP 205 ?s

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 4x4Freak, Aug 15, 2002.

1. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

I found a slip yoke 205 t-case at a local junkyard for $200 with the th350 adapter. One thing I noticed is that it is missing the bar that connects the shifter rails. Since it doesnt have the shifter with it, I might want to do a twin stick conversion if I get it; what all does this involve? Also, how much does it usually cost to convert one to a fixed yoke? From what I understand I would just have to swap the output shaft and housing. Thanks for any help.

2. MTPockets

MTPockets 1/2 ton status

twin stick isn't that difficult to do...just do a search and you will find some good information on how to do it. just a little grinding on the range rail...and setting up the shifters. i am getting ready to put mine back together...was a 350 version slip yoke, now it's a 400 version fixed yoke. all you need is the output shaft, bearing retainer and a yoke. ORD will sell you the parts to convert($200)...or a local boneyard?

ps. if you don't twin stick i have a stock shifter available.