Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NP 205 shifter to seat interference

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 84_Chevy_K10, Jan 15, 2004.

1. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Not sure if this will drastically change when I ditch my body lift, but as of now, my NP 205 shifter will not allow me to have my seat slid forward when I'm in 4 HI, as it interferes with the seat.

Anyone else have this issue? How did you solve it? I know I can bend the shifter, but I'm ditching my body lift and probably going to bucket seats so it probably won't be necessary.

My truck is a factory NP 208 truck.

2. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

simple geometry says that the problem will be fixed when you ditch the BL. and if you're going to buckets, you should have to worry about it even less

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    simple geometry says that the problem will be fixed when you ditch the BL. and if you're going to buckets, you should have to worry about it even less

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I know, but its close enough that I don't think the BL ditching will be enough.

I'm wondering even how on a truck that was stock with a 465/205 you coudl pull this off with the bench seat still there.

Wouldn't know, as my rig is far from stock. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

or you could just grow a few inches and keep Anna out of the drivers seat and not have to worry about moving the seat forward that far. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

If growing was an option, I'd be all over that one, but for now I'd like to be able to reach the pedals. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

Get some 4x4 blocks of wood and some big hose clamps and attach them to your pedals. Then you can move your seat back and not have anymore problems. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Thats what I was thinkin,pedal extentions /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Get some 4x4 blocks of wood and some big hose clamps and attach them to your pedals. Then you can move your seat back and not have anymore problems. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Or go auto and 5.86s?