Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

np 205

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 84Sierra, Oct 11, 2001.

1. 84Sierra

84Sierra Registered Member

I found a np 205 that is a divorced version. First of all what is the divorced version? Is it better or worst the the normal one. I'm going to get a th400 too and what kind of adapter is needed to mate these two together. I currently have a 700r4 and np 208 combo and I tore up the aluminum case on the trany. I need something stronger. What would be a good price for the np 205? Thanks.

2. michaelm

michaelm 1/2 ton status

divorced means not married
    married means, in your own words 'mated together'
    the case most likely came from a dodge??
    i know a few people that are looking for those but it isnt what you are after. if it is dirt cheap buy it otherwise tellothers where it is and walk away.

3. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

If I remember correctly, most (if not all) divorced NP205 were fixed yoke style. You may not be able to use it but if it is dirt cheap you can sell the fixed yoke portion (lots of CK5'rs looking for fixed yokes for NP205's), or if you find a married NP205 with a slip yoke, you will have all the parts to do the conversion yourself and you will have a whole NP205 to sell to recoup the $$.

See my rig at <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Leadfoot>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Leadfoot</a>

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Figure out some way to use it, then lift your truck to the moon! Very easy to lower your transfer case when it's not bolted to your tranny!!!

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles