Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NP 208 an 241, interchangable?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mpascino, Nov 27, 2001.

1. mpascino

mpascino 1/2 ton status

Anyone know the difference besides the ratio? Just to confirm, they both will bolt up to a 700-r4 if it had one to begin with right? I know the front driveshafts are interchangable between the two, what about the rear? Any help is most appricated.
    Thanks,
    Mike

The jeep eater ......jeep it's what's for dinner[​IMG]

2. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

I'm not 100% on whether the rear shaft is a fit or not. Reason I mention it is that I was given one from an older NP208 to use with my NP241 & while it "fit" the splines & drove the Blazer; it still leaked at the slip yoke; even after a new seal. When the free shaft died later & I got a new Tom Woods shaft; the fit was MUCH tighter on the slip yoke & the leak disappeared. Might want to keep an eye on that. Otherwise; it should be a direct bolt-in. Most of the changes if I not mistaken were on the internals - pump, gears, etc. Only outside change I can remember is the increased gusseting on the tailshaft housing.

Good Luck

Brian
    89KBlazer

Build it Right or Don't build it at all!!