Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NP-208 Assembly help

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KrebsATM02, Jun 16, 2001.

1. KrebsATM02

KrebsATM02 1/2 ton status

I need some serious help guys, took my 208 apart to reseal it and am having problems putting it back together. I think what i am having problems with is the syncro part. When i took it apart the "syncro keys" flew all over the place. These are three brass looking things held in by two snap rings. The problem is i only know where one of the snap rings goes. I thought i had it right but i put it back together and i need about and 1/8 or 3/16 more room to put the main snap ring on that holds the gear that the chain is on. If ya'll know what i'm talking about please help me. I almost have it, i really don't know what is wrong. I'll call you if you give me your number because this is hard to get details on. Thanks in advance- Doug Pictures would probably be enough too.

Doug Krebs

2. KrebsATM02

KrebsATM02 1/2 ton status

you people really need to help me, unless you want one less blazer on the road. I know someone has had to do this before. It seems that the second arm the one towards the rear of the case isn't high enough, but it is sitting on the selector eccentric correctly. Actually it seems the whole shaft should be towards the rear of the case a little more. Please to god help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doug Krebs

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I dont know what to tell you about this re-assembly. I dont really work on 208's all that much. You would probably have better luck getting the info you need if you posted this on the ORD forum. Stephen could help you better than I could and probably better than most of us could since you havent been getting any responses. Good luck!

<font color=red>I m so we Todd did.
    I m sofa king we Todd did.</font color=red>