Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NP-208 Fill Plug

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 87_k5_silverado, Jul 26, 2004.

1. 87_k5_silverado

87_k5_silverado Registered Member

where is the fill plug for my transfer case located at? i am new at this and was just wondering where it was; so I could check the fluid condition and level. I am assuming that this is chain driven as well, so would I need to add ATF or would it need gear oil? Thanks in advance guys. I hope someone could help me. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

On the back side at the top is the plug. Its near the rear d-shaft.

It is chain driven and takes ATF.

John

3. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Just a friendly warning, brother.

Be advised that, if you feel you need to replace the fluid, ATF comes out of the drain hole a LOT faster and with much more velocity than oil coming out of your oil pan. Ask me how I know........ /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

4. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Just a friendly warning, brother.

Be advised that, if you feel you need to replace the fluid, ATF comes out of the drain hole a LOT faster and with much more velocity than oil coming out of your oil pan. Ask me how I know........ /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

I have the same shirt... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I knew somebody here had to have made the same mistake at least once... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif