Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NP 208 or NP241 needed (sooner is better)

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by Hossbaby50, Aug 7, 2003.

1. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I talked with the tranny shop doing my 700R4 today and they said that lots of metal came out of my NP208 when they drained it. So I am guessing the case is shot and so do they. They want $400+ to rebuild it (not happening). I need to pickup a good 208 or 241 case that was behind a 700R4 that is in good shape.

Electric speedo doesn't matter. I run my MPH off my tach anyway (tire change & gear change). I already have a PM out to DesertDueler, but I don't know if he still has his. Let me know if you have anything.

Thanks
    Harley

2. Hossbaby50

Nobody has a 208 or 241 laying around?

3. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

I've got a 241 but the case is cracked if you want it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I sent you a PM

4. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

I might know where a 241 is. How much will you pay for a 241 out of a 91 Blazer? The truck was wrecked, front left. Thats a real good sign the tcase is good.

5. Hossbaby50

I am looking to pay around $150-200 ish for a case if I can. Cheaper is better (I just spent $1600 on a 700R4 so I am on a tight budget again), but I would pay a little more for a good low mile case. I need to get my truck back into wheeling trim ASAP. Looks like runs are about to start happening again soon. Thanks, and let me know ASAP

Harley

6. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

I'll call him tommorrow and see if he is still thinking about selling it.

7. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif Thats alot of money for a tranny. I just had a 700r4 built for a member on here just like the bowtie overdrive stage 2 for 1300 installed. Hopefully they built you a awsome tranny.

Dan

8. Hossbaby50

They built it heavy for me. I told them what I am going to do with it (moderate rockcrawling, towing, etc) and that it was locked with 35's. They have a 2yr/24K warranty, and they assured me that they didn't want to build another tranny for me for free, so it better last. They are also going to tune the shift points and tranny feel to my liking, so I can't complain. Right now it is grandma shifting, but they said the Kevlar Bands need 500 miles to break in and seat before installing a heavy shift kit.

They wanted $400+ to rebuild the tcase, but I said I would find another one for less.

Harley

9. Hossbaby50

Any news? Thanks

Harley

10. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

I just called the guy and he still has it. He was asking $200 for it. I said I would give him $100 and he proceded to tell me how they were $250 on up and he was giving it away /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

He said he had to talk to the wife but he thinks he might let it go for $175. I think he will go lower since it has been for sale for at least a month or two.

I forgot his name but his number is:

602-525-9037

I found him through an ad in the paper so just tell him you are calling on an ad you saw a week or two ago (he ran the ad for a good month or more).

He lives around I17 and Union Hills (I think). At least it was around there, somewhere.

BTW - Hands off the mint Topper he has. I am waiting for hime to give up on its value and sell it to me cheap /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif .

Good Luck

11. Hossbaby50

Thanks for the heads up on this case man. I appreciate it. I am going to give the guy a call tomorrow. You don't have to worry about me buying that topper though. I am so truck poor right now I couldn't buy anything else if I wanted too. Thanks again.

Harley

12. Hossbaby50

I have found a 208. Sample is bringing it by tomorrow for me. I thank everyone for there input and help finding a case. Thanks

Harley