Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

np 208 problems again, DOH ITS NOT THE T CASE HAHA NOOB AT WORK HERE

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 85mudbogger, Apr 29, 2007.

1. 85mudbogger

85mudbogger 1/2 ton status

well i played with my truck the 21st and everything worked great, as far as the 208 i just put in after i blew my other one apart. well i was suppose to go to a mud party today at noon but when i went to load the truck on the trailer it backed up about 4 feet then the front locked up, pulled foward about ten feet and seemed fine, backed up again and locked up, by this time i was pissed, i knew it was the t case and so i just gave a little gas and it let go and went back, as long as i put a load to go foward or back it works just fine, its went i let off the gas went it starts to grind and then lock up and kick out of 4low, what could be causing this, i have parts but not a good chain, so any of you ever have this problem.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2007
  2. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Sounds to me like a bent shift fork not engaging the planetary shell properly.

Ira

3. 85mudbogger

well i put it in 2wd but left the hubs locks and it acts the same way. im tired of 208s lol, i wish i could afford a swap

4. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

I would suggest taking it apart then. Possibly broke the planetary. With the info you have given it is hard to give a definite answer.

Ira

5. 85mudbogger

k, ill tear into it again sometime this week to see what the culprit is. seems like here lately my ten bolts are holdn up just fine with the 38.5 hawgs but the t case just doesnt want to be in my truck, IT HATES ME!!!!!

6. Mudstud

Mudstud 1/2 ton status

You certain your wheel bearings aren't in pieces?

7. 85mudbogger

its deff in the t case, after reading ur post i jacked up the front and spun the wheels and everything is fine in that department, im gonna get going on taken this thing out to see the culprit.

NEW QUESTION???. what would it take to put a 203 in my truck, i have a 27 spline output right now on my 350th right, the end of the shaft has been cut off for the 208 and it has an adapter inbetween the trans and the t case adapter, im guessin i would have to change the output shaft and then all my d shafts to do this swap. i guess it would be less headache to just rebuild my 208 and hope it holds huh

8. 85mudbogger

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: Im sorry but im such a tard lmao. i grabbed the front drive shaft and my pinion about fell out haha, theres no such pinion bearings anymore and i took the cover off and not a drop of gear lube, just brown goo hahaha, and the teeth are chipped big time but screw it, i have new bearings already for it so ill just get some new seals to seal it all up and run it lmao.:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

9. Mudstud

Mudstud 1/2 ton status

I pulled my 205 once cuz i thought it took a dump on me. After geting into it and not seeing anything I looked else where. Turned out the rear 12 bolt ring gear was in pieces. Oh well!

10. 85mudbogger

yup i always jump to conclusions and want to just take apart what i thought was wrong to come to find out it wasnt the problem, like i had all the tools to take out the tcase and i grabbed the front d shaft to pull myself under and i noticed it moved lol, good think i did that.