Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

np 208 questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by matto, Aug 19, 2005.

1. matto

matto Registered Member

i have a np 208 in my blazer. i was just wondering if this is any good. it needs to be rebuilt so i also was wondering if it would be better to rebuild it or to replace it with a refurbished one.

thanks for the advice
    matt

2. Dain Fraser

Dain Fraser Registered Member

208's have their advantages and disadvantages. The main advantage for offroading is that they come with a lower gear ratio then either the 205 or 203. The main disadvantage is that they are chain driven and so more prone to failure then a gear driven 205. I run one in my Blazer and i've never had a problem with it. As for replacing or refurbishing?...well w/e is cheaper! :D

3. matto

matto Registered Member

cool thanks Dain. that helped alot. i was wondering if it was chain driven.

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

CT huh??

I see your in Mohegan Sun territory!..if your not in a hurry for another T-case,try going to the swap meets at Stafford Springs raceway in october,or Thompson speedway in november!--I scored a NP208 for a TH400 tranny to have as a spare for my 82 K20 for only 30 bucks,WITH the TH400 adapter!,at Thompson speedway's swap meet..I'm going to both places even if I dont need anything!(wasn't looking for the NP208,but could not pass up a deal like that!)....they usually have tons of 4x4 stuff at both swap meets.. :crazy:

5. matto

matto Registered Member

really! thats an awsome deal. i am going to have to check that out. have you ever been to any of the car shows at the sun? cause i go pretty much every week.

thanks for the info man

matt

6. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

(Hijack)matt where abouts in uncasville do you live, i live in quaker hill, behind the graveyard on 32. Youve prolly seen my truck around, its a black k20 w/ 36's, no lift and a big white spot of bondo on the bedside. cool to know theres others from the area around

7. matto

matto Registered Member

i live on maple ave. right by yales junkyard, i have a red and white k5 blazer. i think i have seen you around. cool that we are are in the same area

8. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

yup know right where you live. i think i may have seen your k5 in the yard, im always looking out for chevys. im always in that area ( my g-friend and her best friend live on 163)

9. matto

matto Registered Member

thats cool. the garage is full with the impala and the bikes so there's no room for my truck. lol. i so have plans to lift it aand put bigger tiers on it in the near future. but i spent all of my money on the stereo. i am going to lift it 4 inches and put 33's on it. but not untill the whole drivetrain is all set.

10. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

sounds good, email me at motoktm233@yahoo.com well have to go wheelin sometime, i know of a few places around

11. matto

matto Registered Member

i have a kawi kdx 200. i am guessing by your screen name you have a ktm. what is it? i am into trail riding. so i wouldnt mind riding either and my email adress is crazyforchevy@hotmail.com if you want it

12. stockk5

stockk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

ct wheelers? awesome... and so far my 208 has been great... no prob only a lil leaks off the yoke.. im in cromwell.. down near middletown area.