Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NP 208 - Solid Yoke Conversion ???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Wully-Bully, May 29, 2002.

1. Wully-Bully

Wully-Bully Newbie

I see they have these for the Jeeps but how can I convert to a solid yoke on my 208 TC? I hate that damn slip shaft thing.

I lifted my Jimmy 4". I was told I would not have to extend the driveshafts. However, after about a day of driving a vibration developed and it was determined to have been the rear output shaft bearing "wobbled out". I replaced the 208 since I have a new 700R4 but what other alternatives are there to that slip shaft design? I bought one of those driveshafts with the CV joint too but my confindence in this configuration is still not there.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I say figure out how to get a TH 350 type NP 205 to go back there and kiss problems like this goodbye for good. That is, if you insist on keeping the automatic. I will miss the overdrive my 700R4 had when I get my 4 speed project done, but I definitely won't miss my 208 one bit!!!!

3. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Somebody told me once that the trick was swapping the tailshaft assembly out using parts from a Ford 208. I'm not sure about this so check further. Hope this helps.

4. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

its out of a dodge 208....PM K10ANDYKHAMNIC on here has a whole setup and enough pictures to substitue for a write up...I plan on conquering my t-case soon as well...