Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NP 208

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by txguy, Sep 8, 2001.

1. txguy

txguy 1/2 ton status

Is there are drain plug, and fill hole on one of these transfer cases? I have never seen one apart. I know there are a handful of bolts on the outside, I don't want to go turning something and have the thing fly apart by the end of the block. If so, does anyone know where there is a pic of one that has the drain plug labeled? Fill plug?

2. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

On the back of the case by the slip yoke there are 2 big bolts you will see the heads to. They are 1 1/4". To fill it fill it up to the bottom of the top hole. To drain it un screw the bottom one. Its that simple.

Dawson
    Raleigh, NC

88 K5, 6" lift, 36" TSL Radials, 14 Bolt, Rancho 9012s

3. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

On the back side there's 1 3/16"/30 mm bolt/hex head plugs - the top one is the fill, and the bottom is the drain.

1 tequila 2 tequila 3 tequila Floor
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

4. txguy

txguy 1/2 ton status

Thanks guys. I thought those were it... but just in case they were bolts for something inside, I thought I'd ask.