Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NP 241 parts

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by highrlr, Mar 9, 2005.

1. highrlr

highrlr 1/2 ton status

I am looking for a clocking ring for my NP 241, you guys got anything like that? I was also wondering if its possible to put lower gears in this tcase? Oh and do you guys have tcase rebuild kits?
    Thanks

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

We don't have a clocking ring at this point but it's something I've considered, one of the few applications where I think it might work OK is on some of the factory applications with lots of spline engagement like a 700/241. Our main focus is obviously on the really heavy duty stuff but I kind of like the 241, the one in my 'burb works pretty nice.

We do have bearing kits and chain kits for them, I'm at home now but I think they run just over $100 each.
    I think you can get a set of 4:1 gears in the 241 but the general consensus is that you would be taking a decent case and making a grenade out of it. I'd just be happy with the 2.7 gear you've got. I know in my case, with the 4.56's and a TH700, it crawls pretty well. I think that's somewhere in the neighborhood of 38:1 on 35's and we run with a few guys running about 41:1 with 40's and 42's on serious rock buggies. I could even tolerate 4.88's...

3. highrlr

highrlr 1/2 ton status

Sounds good Stephen, thanks. Ill give ya a call then when I need the chain and bearing kit.

4. crowley

crowley Registered Member

highrlr, theres 241 clock rings on ebay right now for$70. Also you could contact FST at fly-n-hi.com

5. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status