Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NP 241 sye and 1410 yoke machining

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by desertrat67, Oct 6, 2006.

1. desertrat67

desertrat67 Hawk Driver

The JB site states that for a non CV type 1410 yoke to fit with it's sye kit you have to machine .25" off. has anyone done this, had a problem with it, any and all input would be appreciated.

ryan

2. Chaddy

Chaddy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Im pretty sure you have to machine a 1/4 in off of all the yokes so they fit.

3. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

i believe chad is right, i was going to use a HAD flange for my 241, but ended up changing directions and not using a 241.

do you have pics of your rig? sounds like its going to be sweet. what size tires are you going to run with 5.13s and the 6.2? i ask cuz im swapping a 6.2 into mine, and ive got 5.13s.

4. desertrat67

desertrat67 Hawk Driver

I have 39.5 Iroks right now. Almost brand new, so it will be a coule years before i change. Maybe 42" Iroks next time. I only have a coulpe old pics, i will have a coulpe new ones taken today and post em up.

5. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

well looks like we are going to be running a very similar setup 5.13s/6.2/39.5's. are you going to be driving this thing on the road much? im hoping the rpms wont be too high with the 5.13s on the highway.

6. desertrat67

desertrat67 Hawk Driver

With 3.73's I don't even use overdrive. I have the front axle done, but have not got the rear regeared yet. Still waiting on rear differential decision. With the exception of you missing two doors, our trucks are very close. I won't be doing hydro assist for a year or two, and I only have 4"s of lift.