Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

np 241

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by wheelieking71, Mar 3, 2004.

1. wheelieking71

wheelieking71 Registered Member

anyone know of a good place to buy a re-man np 241? i cant find one used. i need a passenger front output, 32 spline input 241 (mech. or electric speedo doesnt matter). ive called a few shops locally, but struck out. ive also called a few adds from the back of the mags, but the going rate seems to be around $750. thats just nuts. does anyone know if a dodge 241 could be swapped over to run a chevy input? the cases look the same. all i know for sure is that i keep strikeing out on a t-case for my project and im gettin impatient.
    thanks guys,
    Bill

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

The input gears are ridiculously easy to change, and they should be easy enough to still get from GM...or you could use your old one.

Try looking for a 241 with a 27 spline input (700R-4 application) They are way more common. Then swap input gears and you should be good to go.

Rene

3. wheelieking71

wheelieking71 Registered Member

ya Rene, ive been doing just that. i just cand find a pass front out 241c period. i would even buy a bad one if the case was good. bye the way, im not replaceing one so i dont already have one. i was gonna go with a 205, but finding a 32 spline 205 is almost as much fun as the 241. i had a 27 spline 205 but didnt feel like messing with machining the case to switch to 32, and couldnt find a 205/400 adapter. so i sold that case. then i found a 205/400 adapter (go figure) bought the adapter anyway cause it was a good deal. now ive decided that i like the low range, and weight of the 241 better, not to mention they are MUCH easier to work on than a 205. i have a 208/400 adapter which im told is the same as a 241/400 adapter. all i need is a stinkin t-case and i have all the parts to do my lwb 2x4 to swb 4x4 conversion. (less driveshafts of course, but those will have to be custom because im not going with a standard wheelbase) im just never in the right place at the right time /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif