Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

np203/205 conversion with a 14 bolt

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MrArmyAnt, Jul 8, 2006.

1. MrArmyAnt

MrArmyAnt 1/2 ton status

Texas, Kick a$$! (Grapevine, DFW; also Norman, OK)
    I am swapping aout the transfer case and the axels in a 78 blazer. I've heard of a closed rear yoke for the np205, where does one get one? also what drive shaft would be needed with that? Or if I didn't do closed yoke what Adapter dohickiey is needed? How do i tell what the splines are on the 205? came out of a 3/4 ton burban.

2. b454rat

b454rat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

All 203 and 205s have 32 spline rear outputs. All pre-80s are fixed yoke, all 80s are slip, and from then on, who knows. Seen a 1 ton with a slip, and then have one sitting outside off a 1 ton that is fixed. Use driveshaft that came off the donor truck, or just get one off any 3/4 ton, havta shorten it anyways....

3. MrArmyAnt

MrArmyAnt 1/2 ton status

Texas, Kick a$$! (Grapevine, DFW; also Norman, OK)
    Where do you get it shortend? The one from the donor was really light, felt cheap almost.

4. mo

mo 1/2 ton status

take it down to your local driveline shop after you've measured what length it needs to be. I think it's yoke face to yoke face, but i'm not 100% sure (and that's if you have two fixed yokes)

one of the driveline web sites should have instructions...