Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NP203 and a Front Tru-trac?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by laketex, May 3, 2000.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Ok guys, I need your advice. I've got a '79 Blazer I'm about to get axles built for. I have a 14 bolt rear with detroit, and am deciding what if anything to do to the D44 front. Will a tru trac be a good choice? This truck will continue to have a fulltime NP203, 36" swampers, and be used for mudding, trails, light rocks. This is not my daily driver, just a fun cruiser and off-road beater, so I can choose to drive my Ford in inclement weather. What do yall think from your experiences?

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    '79 Blazer in progress

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

You would be better off running the front open. If you peg the gas in a tight turn your garanteed a snaped axle shaft not to mention it will make the truck want to understeer a good bit of the time. If your set on a front LSD or locker get the case converted to part time.

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper

3. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Ok, this is what I wanted to know. I think I'll just go ahead and build the front open and then upgrade somewhere down the line. If I get anything for the front, I really want another detroit up there, so I think I'll wait till I find my NP205 later on.

Thanks Grim.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    '79 Blazer in progress