Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NP203 capacity

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by boots, Feb 23, 2003.

1. boots

boots 1/2 ton status

my manual says 5 pints of oil for the t-case. I ended up with about about 5.5 and it still isn't running out the filler hole. Curious to know if the oil is supposed ot be filled till it runs out or just dump in the five pints and go? Thanks

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    my manual says 5 pints of oil for the t-case. I ended up with about about 5.5 and it still isn't running out the filler hole. Curious to know if the oil is supposed ot be filled till it runs out or just dump in the five pints and go? Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]
    5 pints or 5 Quarts? 5 pints=2.5 quarts and I KNOW it will take a lot more thant that. I want to say closer to 5 Quarts dry. You sure that;s not the capacity for a 208 your looking at?
    Fill till it pours out and if you have a part time kit put the rear wheels on ramps and over fill it. If you run that wil too low of fluid level and it's part time your going to fry the tail shaft bearings.

3. boots

boots 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    5 pints or 5 Quarts? 5 pints=2.5 quarts and I KNOW it will take a lot more thant that. I want to say closer to 5 Quarts dry. You sure that;s not the capacity for a 208 your looking at?
    Fill till it pours out and if you have a part time kit put the rear wheels on ramps and over fill it. If you run that wil too low of fluid level and it's part time your going to fry the tail shaft bearings.

[/ QUOTE ]

damn good eye or memoriy grimmy. I kinda moved up a line when I went across the table 5 for transfer case 8.25pints for full timeso that would be a touch over 4 quartsso if I can put close to 5 in I should be oklie doklie. that 5 pints didn't seem quite quite enough to me so I guess it's a good thing I asked.

Thanks again