Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

np203 chain?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dragracer1965, Dec 13, 2004.

1. dragracer1965

dragracer1965 Newbie

Can any one of you direct me as to where I can get a replacement chain for the np203 case in my 76 blazer? I have tried all of the parts stores here in town and have found 2 places that sell the rebuilt kits (approx. $300) and one that sells the chain for $140, which seems high. If someone could direct me to a place that may have just the chain for a cheaper price I would much appreciate it. Thanks and have a great day!

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Milemarker.com and $140 for just the chain sounds about average(+/- $20).

3. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

i can get you the rebuild kit for about $190 and the chain for $140

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

5. dragracer1965

dragracer1965 Newbie

found some....

Thanks for the help all. I followed up on your suggestions and stumbled across a couple of webpages that can help me and may help some of you in the future. The two sites are Rubicon4x4.com and Tellico4x4.com. They both have a vast selection of wheelin parts and very good prices. The 203 chains are $79.95 and $99.95 which is cheaper than any other place I have found. Again thanks for the help.

6. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Just did all this to my 241....new bearings, seals, chain...and had to replace the range fork....basically the same as a 203 or 208....all for about $270....bearing/seal kit was $111, range fork $58, chain $92...plus a bit of shipping....

www.blumenthalmfg.com in OKC

www.nationaldrivetrain.com ships from Chicago and Atlanta

www.motivegear.com has good exploded parts lists for TC, but they are wholesale only....if you have access to a tax number you can beat those prices...

couple of snap rings were a pita, but overall it's a 3-5 hour job to R&R and do the whole thing depending on how much cleaning you do.....241 weighs about 80lb...203 is heavier.....have fun...

7. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

There are 2 sizes of chains used in the 203. I was sent the wider one by mistake by a shop and they wouldn't take it back (thanks jerks) so if you want a wide one you can have it for the price of shipping from England (about $45 i think)

8. novapain

novapain Registered Member

203 chains

I have several used chains that you could have for the price of shipping. Don't really know how to tell if they are good and they are in t'cases that I never saw in a driver but you are welcome to them.

Lemme know,

Phil
    pmmerritt@sbcglobal.net